Thursday 3 November 2011

GAINING WISDOM



Assallamualaikum...

I would like to apologize if you find this blog narcissistic because it was not meant to be like that at all, I am really jotting down and sharing my discovery of Wisdom given by Allah The All Knowing, All Mighty that can benefit everyone including me by recording them down not really in real time but as the event completes together with my own assessment of it. Of course I welcome any views about what I have written via FB comments, that will really complete my thought process ... getting feedbacks from the readers of my humble thoughts... I am forever grateful for it...

So yesterday, as I was blogging away, I got an SMS from Sister Habibah. She wanted 10 packs of my Red Bean Pau. Needless to say, I made the delivery as soon as I can. I always looked forward connecting with her because she is such a wonderful and positive person. I will always bring back some of her positive vibes with me after meeting her.

As usual, after the business transaction, I would talk about some of the things in my business. Of course it was being encouraged by her and also Jalal; another colleague of hers who share the same office.

Many things were being shared but there is one very significant thing that I want to take note of ...

One of the Wisdom I got from Allah is... if you have not found success in whatever you are doing, perhaps you should look at the process again and do the direct opposite of it.

For example, I do not view myself as someone who is successful eventhough I have achieved quite a number things in life, like being able to articulate myself and blogging is a major achievement for a Malay boy who has never passed his English Subject when he was in school. Yes, I have been known to be very talkative in class before but I was not able to write comprehensively before or knowing how to write a decent sentence before.

So ... why did I claim that I had applied; "the principle of doing the opposite process if one cannot find success in the current process will get one to achieve what one set out to do"; before ?

Since I view myself as someone who have not attain a major success in life, I attributed that to the way I was being brought up. Yes, the process that my parent had taken is the thing I should focus on doing opposite to it to get the result of having successful offspring... Needless to say, I am very happy by how much my kids have progressed at their tertiary level which I did not do while I was at their age.

However, I lost sight of this wisdom when it was time to apply it to myself... Post married life, I have been making all the major decisions in my family without consulting or getting consensus from any of them including my beloved wife. See what it has done for me ? Nothing, I will always come back to square one. Even with my latest venture in business. I am exactly where I started before. Don't you think it is time for me to look at the process that have landed me in this predicament ?

I needed my businessman / investor friend to point it to me that this time around he wanted me to get consensus from each member of my family before setting out this business venture with my daughter and I was taken aback... perhaps this is the answer to the reason why I kept failing ... SubhanAllah, WalhamduliLLAH, Wala ILLAHI ha ILLAHU WauALLAHU AKBAR ... :)



No comments:

Post a Comment