Tuesday 1 November 2011

Collaboration List

Assallamualaikum...

I made an appointment to meet a friend who is a property agent tomorrow and now I have got to organize my thoughts about what are the things that I should discuss with him to get the most out of the meeting. If I cannot come up with a reasonable list of things, perhaps I should just postpone the meeting until something solid can be put on the table... Well, here are the things I want to get out of the meeting.

1. The viability of the nature of business that I am going to set up with my daughter.

2. Is there any niche in the market that I can capitalize on with the resources that I have now.

3. the net profit I can get by downgrading to a 3-room flat.

4. Is there any opportunity of collaboration, perhaps we can act as a general contractor for some of his clientele of course he will get a cut from the profit...

I am doing this with the objective of enriching everyone that is willing to collaborate. I will definitely want to work with people who are not only effective, productive but also one of my friends. However, yes the trap of working with friends is I will not be able to fire them if they fall short of my expectations and I am well aware of it...

I may be able to say that I will be able to make that crucial decision when the need arises but ideally we would part ways in a manner that is agreeable between both parties. In the end what matters is the bottomline of the company and hopefully the friendship stays intact. In the case the friendship breaks... perhaps it was not such a good friendship to start out with...



2 comments:

  1. The plus point about me here is... I can make friends very easily due to my trusting nature which is also my weak point which I am very aware of...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This collaboration did not materialize because my friend wants to concentrate and focus on his property business for now... :)

    ReplyDelete