Monday 31 October 2011

Another opportunity comes...

Assallamualaikum...

I went to a gathering to meet a long time friend who has been staying in Morocco for many years. He came back for the festive season and all of my other secondary school buddies wanted to meet him.

While at the gathering, one of my friend brought out his admiration for people who wants to do business the Islamic way. It quickly grabbed my attention but another friend of mine took his attention away by asking lots and lots of questions on how he managed to be successful running a few companies. I let it slide because that friend of mine obviously wanted the businessman's attention.

A few days passed and I decided to follow up with that businessman friend of mine. Perhaps he can give me some advice on how I can set up my own business. He agreed to meet me.

I picked him up and we went to a cafe. I told him about my venture and he told me that it will not work if I wanted more out of my business. I had to bring up my daughter's jobscope as a Quantity Surveyor and immediately he lit up. He told me that I am sitting on a gold mine if I could engage my daughter in my business plan. We agreed to meet again in a couple of days together with my daughter.

That day soon arrived and there we are, my businessman friend, my daughter and I, all sitting down at the same cafe. My friend asked my daughter to explain the things she can do if we were going into a business of our own. She had always known my passion of running my own business which had led to my current predicament, but what captured her attention that day was the fact that my businessman friend is going to put in a substantial amount of money as an investment if we can come up with a good business plan.

The offer took me by surprise as well... My doas (prayers) is answered again and doa that I will do good this time around...

No comments:

Post a Comment